Tuesday 19 February 2019

Teaching Practice






1.      Procedure of Teaching

   I have two kinds of teaching, those are traditional procedure and modern procedire. The taditional procedure, I used same method as the teacher, I use this method for the first till the fourth meeting. The procedure is:
         
      1. Introduce the topics to the class
      2. Give the students 2 examples
      3. Ask the students to give the definition of the topics from the 2 examples.
     4. Ask the students find another example.
     5. Give the students generalization of the topic.
     6. Ask the students to do the activities.
     7. Ask the students to demonstrate their answer in front of the clas.
     8.Give the actives students appreciation and motivate to another students.
     9. Give the assignments
     10.Closing the class

  The fifth meeting, I used modern method, the method almost same with traditional method, but in this method I arranging the class into groups to do the some activities.

2.      Time Management and Organizing Activities

    I divided the time in every step or procedure in teaching. I have one hour, 10 minutes to checks students assignments that given the day before, 5 minutes for review the last topic, 5 minutes for introduce the new topic and motivation, 20  minutes for new topic learning and give the example, 5 minutes for generalization, 10 minutes for activities, and 5 minutes for close the class

    I gave the example of the new topic and then I asked the students to give the definition of the topic from the example that I have given, I I inserted generalization then activities to check students comprehension about the lesson and I surveyed around to make sure that the students do the activities.

3.      Problem-Solving

   If the topic is too many, I have a little difficult to manage the time, because the is only one hour. I always come to the class early, but the teacher from the other subject still use the class and take the time.

   I also can’t do the games in the class, because of the time is very short for me. Sometimes, when I gave the students activities for 10 minutes they didn’t finish it on time. It was also need much time. For me,  one hour for Math is not enough.

4.      Classroom Management

I have two classes, 8Ag-Home class and Science-8A. I treated the class different because of their capabilities. For two classes, I made them be active in the class and also enjoyable, because I didn't want to make them felt bored in Math, sometimes I also do joked to them. As teacher, I want to made the students comfort and feels close to me, I made them to didn’t get shy when answer my question, give their opinion and asking some questions.

The students in Science-8A class are more active than the students in 8Ag-Home class. But after I gave the present for the active students, almost all of them become active. Because they want to get the presents. 

Sometimes the class is arranged into some groups, I gave the activities in group and discussed it together. The groups that got higher score will get the presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment